Sne Tak is a multidisciplinary designer specialising in innovative knit based in London.
With Masters in Art in knitted textiles from the Royal College of Art followed by a Bachelor of Fine Art from the Rhode Island School of Design, Tak has cultivated an artistic identity of merging high technology and archaic organic form.
The unique and adaptable knitted vessels are drawn from a nomadic upbringing between cultures of her.
Tak has delivered innovative knitting as a design catalyst for interdisciplinary projects for the future of apparel, product, and transportation. Her work continues to challenges the preconception of materiality and examines the potential of knitted textiles.
- 1st prize | Bradford Textiles Society in K1 Sponsor: THE CLOTHWORKERS’ COMPANY (2020) • 1st prize | Shima Seiki Competition (2020)
- Finalist | Dorothy Waxman International Textile Design Prize (2020)
- Finalist | Robin and Lucienne Day Award (2020)
- Fanalist | Crystal Cabin Award in interior innovation design and vision category (2020) • Inspiring Creative Future Vision Award | British Airways’s BA 2119: Flight of the Future (2019) • Finalist | Royal Ruyi Design Competition (2019)
- Design Museum, London |’Sneakers Unboxed: Studio to Street’ Exhibition with knitted footwear collaboration with F.O.W: future of walking (May, 2020: postponed to 2021) • Dutch Design Week | ‘Soft Vessel’ (2020)
- Venice Design Biennale, Venice | MUKU: knitted meditation device collaboration (2019) • Saatchi Gallery | British Airway’s BA 2119: Flight of future with ’Curio 2119’ (2019) • Milan Design Week | MUKU: knitted meditation device collaboration (2019)