An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the London Craft Week team as Senior Sales and Programme Executive.
About London Craft Week
Returning for its tenth edition from 13-19 May 2024, London Craft Week (LCW) is a city-wide festival celebrating exceptional craftsmanship from around the world. A unique cultural and commercial platform, LCW attracts 225,450 visitors to a rich and varied programme of over 500 events from 40 countries.
LCW’s curated programme brings together established and emerging makers, iconic heritage and contemporary brands, studio groups, collectives and galleries with discerning consumers to build engagement and sales. It features exclusive workshops, demonstrations, exhibitions, talks and discussions and performances.
London Craft Week tells the stories behind some of the world’s most beautiful objects – the material, the maker, the process and the inspiration. We work closely with partners to shape persuasive activations, connecting partners with new and existing customers.
London Craft Week is an independent, not-for-profit organisation.
About this role
London Craft Week is looking for a confident individual with strong sales experience, exceptional communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
You will work closely with the Head of Programme and Content and the Content and Brand Manager to achieve stretching sales and programme targets.
You will need to be methodical, creative and communicate London Craft Week’s utility to our partners and sponsors.
You will have the opportunity to contribute creatively to LCW’s success.
You will have a keen interest in the work of London Craft Week, craftsmanship, art and design, luxury fashion, retail, arts and culture.
You will be part of a small but growing team working on a dynamic and ambitious event. This role will require you to work with flexibility, energy and commitment.
For further information about the role and for details of how to apply, please see below.
● Maintain and update existing database of companies and contacts.
● Research new partners and build sales data including artist-makers, independent retail, luxury brands, studio groups, international collectives, galleries and national delegations.
● Develop sales pipeline and actively sell programme partnerships and advertising opportunities to achieve specific targets.
● Ensure potential programme partners understand the LCW opportunity and address any queries.
● Issue invoices, maintain accurate sales records and report progress.
● Provide ongoing relationship management for programme partners.
● Attend partner meetings with Head of Programme and Content and the Content and Brand Manager, in person and online as required.
● Support the Head of Programme and Content and the Content and Brand Manager on the development of larger content projects for London Craft Week 2024.
● Support and advise programme partners to develop persuasive events that address their individual objectives.
● Ensure that all programmed events meet or exceed LCW benchmarks for quality.
● Liaise with category and discipline experts to review and approve applications as directed by the Head of Programme and Content. Print & Proofreading
● Approach and chase programme partners for copy and images for the LCW Guide and website, newsletters and social posts.
● Liaise with partners and the Copy Editor to ensure efficient copy flow from partners to the Copy Editor and onto the design agency.
● Proofread the LCW Guide, website, newsletters and social posts. Online, Social & Digital
● Research and secure images for London Craft Week newsletters and social posts
● Support the Content and Brand Manager with uploading newsletter copy and images onto MailChimp and the website
● Working with the Head of Programme and Content and the Content and Brand Manager, publish social posts as directed using Hootsuite
● Support Programme Partners in uploading their event information (copy and images) to the LCW website.
● Chase programme partners, sponsors and media partners for copy and images. Administration
● Provide general administrative support to the LCW team.
● Prepare and distribute invoices for programme partners and sponsors using the accounting software Xero.
● Ensure timely payment of invoices, contacting partners and sponsors as necessary.
● Prepare agreements for programme partners, confirming the terms of their participation in LCW.
● Use Adobe Sign to send agreements to programme partners.
● Support the Marketing Manager on the distribution of LCW Guides and event signage, liaising with partners and suppliers.
● Provide information and images to LCW’s PR agency as directed by the Head of Programme and Content.
● Liaise with the PR agency and the LCW team to schedule interviews and to monitor copy deadlines.
● Liaise with programme partners to ensure the smooth delivery of VIP events, monitoring guest lists, F&B and logistics as necessary.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Relevant sales experience.
● Self-starter with strong commercial awareness.
● A keen interest in the work of London Craft Week, craftsmanship, art and design and the luxury, fashion, retail, arts and culture sectors more generally.
● Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and spoken English.
● Confident telephone manner and understanding of how to structure a sale.
● Self-confident with the ability to communicate and work with senior staff from a range of organisations including the art, craft and luxury sectors.
● Ability to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines and stay calm under pressure.
● Creative, with the ability to think clearly and solve problems effectively.
● Methodical, organised with meticulous attention to detail.
● Strong customer care ethic.
● Tenacious and hardworking.
● Some marketing experience an advantage.
● Good understanding of digital and social channels.
● Experience of using a content management system for websites.
● Experience working with a range of software including MailChimp, Mac/Adobe Creative Suite, In Design, Photoshop, Xero, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel/Office.
Please email email@example.com with a CV of no more than three pages and a covering letter explaining in no more than 500 words how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role.
The deadline for applications is midnight Saturday 28 October.
Photo credit Dan Weill Photography