We are now looking for an exceptional individual for the role of Marketing Manager.
You will plan, manage and deliver the marketing strategy for London Craft Week and shape campaigns for two similar festivals in development for major Asian cities in 2020 and 2021. You will bring brand, content and promotional strategies together to engage new and existing audiences and work closely with the Head of Programme and Content to deliver digital content initiatives.
This is a varied, creative and extremely demanding role and one that offers a unique opportunity to promote the work of established and emerging makers, iconic heritage and contemporary brands, studio groups, collectives and galleries
Full-time / permanent
Probationary period/notice: 3 months
About London Craft Week
London Craft Week (LCW) is a city-wide festival celebrating exceptional craftsmanship from around the world. A unique cultural and commercial platform, LCW attracts 115,000 visitors to a rich and varied programme of over 240 events from 18 countries.
LCW’s curated programme brings together established and emerging makers, iconic heritage and contemporary brands, studio groups, collectives and galleries with discerning consumers to build engagement and sales. It features exclusive workshops, demonstrations, exhibitions, talks and discussions and performances.
London Craft Week tells the stories behind some of the world’s most beautiful objects – the material, the maker, the process and the inspiration. We work closely with partners to shape persuasive activations, connecting partners with new and existing customers.
- To plan, manage and deliver the marketing strategy for London Craft Week
- Plan and manage marketing strategies for two similar festivals in development for major Asian cities in 2020 and 2021.
- To plan, manage and deliver a wide range of digital content initiatives year- round.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate for this important role
- You will have experience across the marketing mix with strong digital skills
- You will demonstrate an understanding of the commercial and creative objectives of London Craft Week’s programme partners and sponsors
- You will understand the ‘bigger picture’ while engaging at scale with the detail
- You will operate strategically at a high level while concurrently implementing your plans
- Your digital experience will allow you to optimise campaigns and maximise the impact of content assets
- You will be an integral part of a small but growing team working on a dynamic and ambitious series of events
- You will work with flexibility, energy and commitment
- You will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to ‘read’ situations and individuals. You will be confident, authoritative, tactful and diplomatic.
- You will balance intuitive and reasoned decision-making.
- You will initiate and manage relationships with an international network of leading stakeholders including makers, brands, publishers, members clubs, hotels, concierge services, museums, cultural organisations and embassies.
- You will have a keen interest in the work of London Craft Week, craftsmanship, art and design, and in the luxury fashion, retail, arts and cultural sectors more broadly.
- Develop, manage and implement the marketing strategy working closely with the Managing Director
- Manage the design and production of the London Craft Week Guide including sub editing, proofing, securing competitive print quotes and ensuring timely delivery and distribution.
- Manage the production, distribution and installation of other printed collateral and signage.
- Increase audience numbers to events and ensure the quality and relevance of visitors.
- Develop and implement a VIP/influencer strategy and programme.
- Develop new media and promotional partnerships, exploring collaborative opportunities, competitions and print and digital contra agreements.
- Work closely with the London Craft Week team to maintain existing relationships with a wide range of partners, organisations and individuals.
- Manage relationships with the design agency, printers and PR agency.
- Manage paid and contra advertising for the London Craft Week Guide ensuring targets are met; liaise with advertisers to ensure timely delivery of copy
- Support the Managing Director and Head of Programme and Content to: identify new sponsors; help manage existing sponsor relationships; manage marketing deliverables for sponsors
- Working closely with the Managing Director, develop a brief for new websites for London Craft Week (for Jan 2021) and for the festivals under development in Asia.
- Manage the update and relaunch of the LCW website
- Maintain and update websites as new information or imagery becomes available using the CMS
- Develop partner/exhibitor section on website
- Process and edit images for use across London Craft Week platforms
- Working with the Head of Programme and Content, develop a year-round narrative and content plan covering newsletters, websites and social channels, working closely with the Chairman and Managing Director.
- Develop a trusted Craft Week ‘voice’ and a focussed editorial plan that is clearly differentiated from major competitors.
- Create a newsletter schedule, manage copy, co-coordinate content, evolve the design and ensure timely publication.
- Develop and implement strategic, multi-channel social media campaigns and report on impact/engagement.
- Extend digital reach and build newsletter subscriptions
- Commission film and audio content for multiple channels.
- Support the Head of Programme and Content and Managing Director in monetising written and multi-media content, upselling opportunities to programme and event partners and identifying new advertisers and sponsors.
- Develop, manage and implement a plan to consolidate all data onto a new CRM system through 2020
- Ensure data security and compliance with GDPR
- Working closely with the Managing Director and Head of Programme and Content, build VIP, Influencer, HNW and Collector data and engagement
- Act as the main point of contact for the PR agency
- Coordinate the scheduling of interviews, film and photography as required
- Liaise with the PR Agency as necessary on press briefings, tours and other relevant events
- Co-ordinate content for press releases
- Ensure visual assets are used strategically across multiple channels to achieve cut-through
- Liaise with the market research agency to review and update visitor and partner questionnaires.
- Develop a strategy to maximise survey response rates using newsletters, social media and print
- Working with the London Craft Week team and the market research agency, brief volunteers to conduct timed visitor counts and to record anecdotal feedback
- Ensure a structured approach to marketing attribution to inform marketing planning
- Develop and implement a programme of AB testing and optimisation, refining content and building engagement
- Develop a learning, feedback and improvement loop
Essential skills and experience:
- At least 4 years of marketing management experience with a track record in a similar event/festival environment
- Strong understanding of digital and social channels
- Demonstrable experience of print planning and production
- Experience of developing contra partnerships
- A keen organisational sense with meticulous attention to detail
- A sound ‘creative eye’
- Experience of using content management systems for websites and CRM
- Strong commercial awareness
- Confidence communicating and working with senior staff from a range of organisations including the art, craft and luxury sectors
- Experience working with a range of software including MailChimp, Mac/Adobe Creative Suite, In Design, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel/Office
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work to deadlines and stay calm under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication
- A focus on delivery with the ability to turn ideas into action
- Ability to think clearly and solve problems effectively
- An understanding and commitment to the vision and work of London Craft Week and a passion to play a key role in shaping the company's success
Please supply a CV of no more than three pages including your current salary. You should also include a covering letter explaining in no more than 500 words how your skills and experience match the requirements of this role.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is midnight on Tuesday 19th November.